1) Current waste products can be turned into fuel.
2) No use of strong acids or bases in the process.
3) Fast reaction times (seconds).
4) Cheap feedstocks such as waste grease and animal tallow as well as a variety of plant oils can
be converted to biodiesel.
5) The metal oxide based catalyst is a contained in a fixed bed reactor thereby eliminating the current
need to continuously add catalyst to the reaction mixture thereby reducing the amount of waste
6) Unwanted side reactions with free fatty acids producing soaps are eliminated, thereby reducing
the amount of waste that must be disposed of properly.
7) Insensitive to free fatty acid and water content of the
8) Flexible feedstock; animal or plant sources of lipids can be used.
9) The catalyst does not "poison" over time.